The USO International Gateway Lounge is a $1.1 million, 5,000 square- foot facility serving 99 percent of the U.S Armed forces traveling to and from duty stations in Europe, Southwest Asia and the United States. The Lounge serves as a “home away from home” to military personnel traveling through BWI Marshall Airport.
United Service Organization (USO)
International Gateway Lounge | Lower Level, International Pier, Beside Baggage Claim 14
HOURS: 6:00am-10:00pm, Daily - Scroll to the bottom of the page for After Hours Information
The USO International Gateway Lounge is a $1.1 million, 5,000 square-foot facility serving 99 percent of the U.S. Armed Forces traveling to and from duty stations in Europe, Southwest Asia and the United States.
The Lounge serves as a "home away from home" to military personnel traveling through BWI Marshall Airport. Access is privileged to active duty and retired military personnel, National Guard, reservists, merchant marines and dependents. Military ID is required. DoD contractors and DoD civilians authorized access with ID.
- Hospitality desk staffed by knowledgeable USO volunteers
- Secure baggage storage area
- Free photocopying and faxing services
- Family room with cribs, toys, TV/DVD and movie library
- Restrooms with diaper changing tables
- 72-inch screen TV lounge with DVD and extensive movie library
- Snack bar
- Free wireless internet access courtesy of Cisco Systems
- Technology center with Internet access provided by Microsoft
- Wireless phones for domestic and international calls provided by Verizon
- DSN telephone/fax lines
- Sleeping room with wake-up calls available
- Ground transportation and lodging assistance
- Air Mobility Command (AMC) BWI flight information
Corporate partners include Verizon, Microsoft and Lockheed Martin.
Other USO airport facilities include Washington Dulles International Airport, Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and Andrews Air Force Base.
To reach the USO volunteer on duty call 410-859-4425.
If you are arriving at a time when the USO office is closed, see below for after hours information.
|After Hours Contact Info and Locations|
|Reporting to Aberdeen Proving Ground||410-278-3885 / 4344|
|Aberdeen Proving Ground Operator||410-278-1110|
|BWI Taxi Services||Lower Level, Doors 5 & 13
*Note taxi may have to go through post security
|Car Rental Shuttle||Lower Level, Doors 11 & 16|
|Fort Meade Post Operator||301-677-6261|
|Hotel Kiosk||Next to Baggage Claims 13 & 14|
|Payphones||To the Right of USO Lounge|
|Reporting to Walter Reed||202-782-6730 / 32|
|Reporting to Walter Reed After Hours||202-782-0069|
|Red Cross Space "A" Families||800-696-3873|
Operation Welcome Home
For information about Welcome Home events at BWI Marshall Airport for returning military from overseas please visit operationwelcomehome.org